Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First Post Ever

Hello everyone,
(and by everyone I likely mean Katie since she is the only person who will probably read this)

I finally decided it was time that I joined the trend and started writing a blog. I don't know much about blogs, except that I read Katie's all the time and it is awesome, but I figured I would give it a try. I'm at a transition time in my life right now that I personally find entertaining and even though not many other people probably agree, I'm going to tell the unknown "you" about it.

First a bit about myself, in case you randomly stumbled upon this newbie blog and are wondering who I am. I have grown up in Houston Texas and am the son of a Baptist minister and a High school English teacher. I thank God for His provision and guidance through the hands of my parents throughout my life. I went to Clear Brook High School and was in the marching band as well as choir. After High school, I figured I would go give the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M a whirl. so I packed my bags for Aggieland. There, I was a member of B-Company which is an outfit in the Aggieband. I also studied Finance in my spare time. I just "died" from the Corps last week, and this the the main cause of my aforementioned "transition time" I am currently in. Another contributing factor is the fact that later today, I am going to go sign a contract for a job I am starting after I graduate in August. I could probably write about the new job I am going to have for hours because I am tremendously excited about it, but I will spare you from talk about Investments and Insurance at least for my first post.

That pretty much sums up where I am in my life right now. I am very excited about this Summer and how God is planning to use me. While I am going to be taking two classes during July, the month of June will be spent in Madisonville working with Churches in the area and spreading the good news of the life that is in Jesus, my Lord. I can't wait to see what God has for me and am already seeing doors open as He leads me to people who need help this Summer at their Churches. In case you do not know, Madisonville is a small town halfway between Houston and Dallas. Also I would like to tell the couple of people who light read this that I have been praying for another man to accompany me in the ministry I am doing in June but have not yet found anyone who is able and willing. If you happen to know any men who are passionate about Christ, and are free in June (even for a few days), please let me know because I really am seeking for people to help in the work at hand.

Beyond that, I really don't know much to write about. I don't see how Katie(my incredible girlfriend, in case you are not privileged enough to know her) can write at such length about all kinds of things even when she has written so much already. I will say that I am very excited about going up to Oak Point (Where Katie's family lives, near Denton) to visit Katie's family and go to my good friend's wedding. I love getting to spend time with Katie's family. She has four sisters and they are all so different and fun to talk with and get to know better. Her parent's are also amazing and make it easy to see why all the girls are so great. Katie and I are going to be seeing each other a lot less pretty soon since she is going to be in Denton this Summer as well as next semester when she student teaches, and I will be in either Madisonville, College Station, or H-Town. We will still be able to see each other fairly often, but not for huge chunks of time, so I am really going to enjoy being able to stay with her family for a whole week.

Well I know this was not the most exciting blog you have ever read, but at least I started one I guess. I'm off now to go sign a contract for employment at IMG Financial Group as a Financial Advisor so I guess I will have to pick this up later.

-Austin-

3 comments:

Katie said...

HELLO!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the blog world! I am so excited that you have a blog! You are much more talented at writing than I am, so I'm sure all my blog readers are going to start reading yours instead of mine.

I look forward to your future posts. YAY!!!! see you TOMORROW!!!

Katie said...

You should blog again.

Don't leave the fans waiting!

More! More! More! :)

Chuck said...

hello austin. this is the most exciting blog i have ever read.